Thursday, July 30, 2009

Day 4

So I woke up this morning and felt fantastic. If you really want to know why it was because I finally FINALLY figured out how to use the outhouse. I guess my body just gave in that there wasn't going to be any plumbing anytime soon...so when you gotta go, you gotta go.

Feeling like a whole new person, I was really eager to make the best of out this day as I can. Starting with a little tai chi class, moving on to an awesome stretch. A bit sore of course from the 6 hour hike the day before, but the stretching took care of that problem. I quickly got dress in my country jeans (got them at Old Navy) and went out to see what activities I can get involved in. "Seems like a great day to paint a barn," I thought to myself. Something every true New York does day to day. So I took on the challenge. I think I was quite good at it, being the "experienced" painter I am. Bottom line, I had fun. The day included a lecture from a brillant, almost too brillant, Mark V....and I can't remember the rest of his name. Than, a miracle.... the sun came out!! We spent all afternoon playing Volleyball it was awesome! Haven't felt this young in forever. And the best part was I felt GREAT!

Speaking of great, ever eaten Alaskan fish fresh out of the sea? Amazing! We got to hang out with a bunch of real professional fishermen tonight. Had ourselves a little bonfire. Roasted a little marshmellows (I didn't eat them just watched) and had a jolly time. The life of a fisherman in Alaska....I never could imagine.

No comments:

Post a Comment